31 Aug Introducing the 12 Month Vault Savings Account
When you have a savings account, it’s very easy to ‘dip’ into your funds for monthly treats, rainy day purchases, or even to top up your bank account. After all, that’s what savings are for.
However, when you’ve been putting money away for a large expense, special occasion, or even for your retirement, it can be all too tempting to treat your savings more like an overdraft or backup to your current account.
The more you dip into your money, the more that savings pot you’ve been building starts to grow smaller…
If this sounds relatable, you’re not alone!
The NHS Credit Union Solution
Many of our members at the NHS Credit Union have money saved away that they don’t plan on spending for a while but are often tempted to make withdrawals for monthly expenses rather than waiting for their longer-term plans.
Some of our members also find that the money sitting in their credit union share account and other accounts only grows in value with their dividend or additional deposits.
This is why the NHS Credit Union is proud to introduce our newest, limited-time product, which will help our members save smarter: the 12 Month Vault Savings Account.
Keep Your Savings Safe and Protected
The “12-Month Vault” is a way for your money to be safely and securely ‘locked away’, removing the temptation to withdraw the money you’ve been saving for that special occasion, gift, or big expense until one year after you open the account.
An added benefit is that you will earn a guaranteed 2% interest over the 12 months.
This will be an excellent choice for you if:
- You tend to dip into your savings each month, but really want or need to keep a large amount locked away for a big purchase like a car, flat deposit, wedding, or a home improvement.
- You’ve come into a large sum of money from your pension lump sum, inheritance, or other means, and want it to grow in value.
- You’re saving for retirement in 2023 and want your money to be guaranteed to grow in value and remain secure until you need it.
- You’ve been saving a large sum of money as a gift for a loved one and wish to keep it ringfenced until next year, while growing in value.
If you’ve never held an Independent Savings Account (ISA), or any other fixed-term savings product, then this is a great way to lock in your savings for the first time and discover the benefits of your money securing guaranteed interest.
Or if you already have savings in NHS Credit Union that are not tied to a shared secured loan or other account, then this is an excellent way to keep a pot of money separate from your ‘regular’ savings while growing its value.
How Does it Work?
The basic terms of our 12 Month Vault account are:
- The opening date for this product will be 1st of September 2022.
- You can make an initial deposit of at least £500 and up to £75,000.
- You can build your balance until the closing date of the offer on 30th September 2022 at 12pm.
- Your savings will be secured until the 1st of October 2023, when you can withdraw the full amount with 2% interest.
To read the full terms and conditions of our 12 Month Vault Savings Account, visit the product page on our website.
This is a limited time offer available only to members of the NHS Credit Union, so if you’ve been looking for an easy way to lock savings away until 2023, then don’t miss out on this opportunity!
Your NHS. Your credit union. Your money.
For desktop users, you can scan the QR code below to open your Nivo app:
*NHS Credit Union Nivo app only available on mobile devices. The Nivo app may not work if you are accessing it on NHS WiFi.